Odpre glavni meni

Spremembe

odstranjen 28.401 zlog ,  pred 6 meseci
m
- angleške novice
{{Wikivir:Pod lipo/Glava}}
[[Kategorija:Wikivir]]
 
== Bot rights for [[User:Wikisource-bot]] ==
 
Hi. With the requirement to fix the page categorisation as notified at [[phab:T198470]], I would like to propose to the community to have our bot run through and address the problem with the solution identified. The bot has been used to resolve issue previously on the Wikisources.
* [[special:centralauth/Wikisource-bot]]
Thanks. [[Uporabnik:Billinghurst|Billinghurst]] ([[Uporabniški pogovor:Billinghurst|pogovor]]) 14:15, 7. julij 2018 (CEST)
 
: [[Uporabnik:Smihael|Smihael]], lahko preveriš to prošnjo? --[[Uporabnik:Janezdrilc|Janezdrilc]] ([[Uporabniški pogovor:Janezdrilc|pogovor]]) 22:40, 7. julij 2018 (CEST)
 
:: Bot permission granted. --[[Uporabnik:Smihael|Smihael]] ([[Uporabniški pogovor:Smihael|pogovor]]) 12:31, 28. julij 2018 (CEST)
 
== Addition of slWS to global bots ==
 
Above I have added a bot request, as this wiki is not within the [[m:global bot|global bot]] project, per list [[m:Special:WikiSets/2]]. Would the community consider opting in to the global bots, so that when we have Wikisource-wide fixes for [[mw:Extension:ProofreadPage]] that is possible to organise the bots to do the jobs within Phabricator, and simply get the fix in place. [[Uporabnik:Billinghurst|Billinghurst]] ([[Uporabniški pogovor:Billinghurst|pogovor]]) 14:15, 7. julij 2018 (CEST)
 
I would support the accession of the Slovene Wikisource to the Global Bot Project. --[[Uporabnik:FriedrickMILBarbarossa|FriedrickMILBarbarossa]] ([[Uporabniški pogovor:FriedrickMILBarbarossa|pogovor]]) 02:20, 9. julij 2018 (CEST)
 
: The project is not that big, so I think we can handle individual requests. So far I haven't seen any case where we could benefit from bots; there is much other manual work to be done. --[[Uporabnik:Smihael|Smihael]] ([[Uporabniški pogovor:Smihael|pogovor]]) 12:34, 28. julij 2018 (CEST)
 
== Global preferences are available ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
Global preferences are now available, you can set them by visiting your new [[Special:GlobalPreferences|global preferences page]]. Visit [[mw:Help:Extension:GlobalPreferences|mediawiki.org for information on how to use them]] and [[mw:Help talk:Extension:GlobalPreferences|leave feedback]]. -- [[User:Keegan (WMF)|Keegan (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:Keegan (WMF)|talk]])
</div> 21:19, 10. julij 2018 (CEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Keegan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=17968247 -->
 
== New user group for editing sitewide CSS / JS ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
''({{int:please-translate}})''
 
Hi all!
 
To improve the security of our readers and editors, permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed. (These are pages like <code dir="ltr">MediaWiki:Common.css</code> and <code dir="ltr">MediaWiki:Vector.js</code> which contain code that is executed in the browsers of users of the site.)
A new user group, <code dir="ltr">[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Interface administrators|interface-admin]]</code>, has been created.
Starting four weeks from now, only members of this group will be able edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with <code dir="ltr">.css</code> or <code dir="ltr">.js</code> that is either in the <code dir="ltr">MediaWiki:</code> namespace or is another user's user subpage).
 
You can learn more about the motivation behind the change [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS|here]].
 
Please add users who need to edit CSS/JS to the new group (this can be done the same way new administrators are added, by stewards or local bureaucrats).
This is a dangerous permission; a malicious user or a hacker taking over the account of a careless interface-admin can abuse it in far worse ways than admin permissions could be abused. Please only assign it to users who need it, who are trusted by the community, and who follow common basic password and computer security practices (use strong passwords, do not reuse passwords, use two-factor authentication if possible, do not install software of questionable origin on your machine, use antivirus software if that's a standard thing in your environment).
 
Thanks!
<br/><span dir="ltr">[[m:User:Tgr|Tgr]] ([[m:User talk:Tgr|talk]]) 19:45, 30. julij 2018 (CEST) <small>(via [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Global_message_delivery|global message delivery]])</small></span>
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Tgr@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Tgr/massmessage-T139380-ifadmin&oldid=18255968 -->
 
== Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from now ==
 
''({{int:please-translate}})''
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">
Hi all,
 
as [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS/announcement 2|announced previously]], permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed: only members of the <code>[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Interface administrators|interface-admin]]</code> ({{int:group-interface-admin}}) group, and a few highly privileged global groups such as stewards, can edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with .css or .js that is either in the MediaWiki: namespace or is another user's user subpage). This is done to improve the security of readers and editors of Wikimedia projects. More information is available at [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS|Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS]]. If you encounter any unexpected problems, please contact me or file a bug.
 
Thanks!<br />
[[m:User:Tgr|Tgr]] ([[m:User talk:Tgr|talk]]) 14:40, 27. avgust 2018 (CEST) <small>(via [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Global_message_delivery|global message delivery]])</small>
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Tgr@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18258712 -->
 
== Read-only mode for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks">
 
[[:m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/Server switch 2018|Read this message in another language]] • {{int:please-translate}}
 
The [[foundation:|Wikimedia Foundation]] will be testing its secondary data centre. This will make sure that Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to do a planned test. This test will show if they can reliably switch from one data centre to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
 
They will switch all traffic to the secondary data center on '''Wednesday, 12 September 2018'''.
On '''Wednesday, 10 October 2018''', they will switch back to the primary data center.
 
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in [[mw:Manual:What is MediaWiki?|MediaWiki]], all editing must stop when we switch. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
 
'''You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.'''
 
*You will not be able to edit for up to an hour on Wednesday, 12 September and Wednesday, 10 October. The test will start at [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170503T14 14:00 UTC] (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT, 23:00 JST, and in New Zealand at 02:00 NZST on Thursday 13 September and Thursday 11 October).
*If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
 
''Other effects'':
 
*Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped. Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
*There will be code freezes for the weeks of 10 September 2018 and 8 October 2018. Non-essential code deployments will not happen.
 
This project may be postponed if necessary. You can [[wikitech:Switch Datacenter#Schedule for 2018 switch|read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org]]. Any changes will be announced in the schedule. There will be more notifications about this. '''Please share this information with your community.''' /<span dir=ltr>[[m:User:Johan (WMF)|User:Johan(WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:Johan (WMF)|talk]])</span>
</div></div> 15:33, 6. september 2018 (CEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18333489 -->
 
== Words hyphenated across pages in Wikisource are now joined ==
 
Hi, this is a message by [[User:Candalua|Can da Lua]] as discussed [[:s:it:Wikisource:Bar/Archivio/2018.09#Un_sogno_antico_diventa_realtà!|here]] for [[:m:Global message delivery/Targets/Wikisource Communities|wikisource communities]]
 
The ProofreadPage extension can now join together a word that is split between a page and the next.
 
In the past, when a page was ending with ''"concat-"'' and the next page was beginning with ''"enation"'', the resulting transclusion would have been ''"concat- enation"'', and a special template like [[:d:Q15630535]] had to be used to obtain the word ''"concatenation"''.
 
Now the default behavior has changed: the hyphen at the end of a page is suppressed and in this case no space is inserted, so the result of the transclusion will be: ''"concatenation"'', without the need of a template. The "joiner" character is defined by default as "-" (the regular hyphen), but it is possible to change this. A template may still be needed to deal with particular cases when the hyphen needs to be preserved.
 
'''Please share this information with your community.'''
 
[[Uporabnik:MediaWiki message delivery|MediaWiki message delivery]] ([[Uporabniški pogovor:MediaWiki message delivery|pogovor]]) 12:28, 30. september 2018 (CEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Alexmar983@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_message_delivery/Targets/Wikisource_Communities&oldid=18419024 -->
 
== Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile web ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
'''Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile web'''
 
{{int:please-translate}}
[[File:Page_issues_-_mobile_banner_example.jpg|thumb|Example of improvements]]
 
Hello,
 
In a few weeks the Readers web team will be changing how some templates look on the mobile web site. We will make these templates more noticeable when viewing the article. We ask for your help in updating any templates that don't look correct.
 
What kind of templates? Specifically templates that notify readers and contributors about issues with the content of an article – the text and information in the article. Examples like [[wikidata:Q5962027|Template:Unreferenced]] or [[Wikidata:Q5619503|Template:More citations needed]]. Right now these notifications are hidden behind a link under the title of an article. We will format templates like these (mostly those that use Template:Ambox or message box templates in general) to show a short summary under the page title. You can tap on the "Learn more" link to get more information.
 
For template editors we have [[mw:Recommendations_for_mobile_friendly_articles_on_Wikimedia_wikis#Making_page_issues_(ambox_templates)_mobile_friendly|some recommendations on how to make templates that are mobile-friendly]] and also further [[mw:Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile_Page_Issues|documentation on our work so far]].
 
If you have questions about formatting templates for mobile, [[mw:Talk:Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile_Page_Issues|please leave a note on the project talk page]] or [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/?projects=Readers-Web-Backlog file a task in Phabricator] and we will help you.
 
{{Int:Feedback-thanks-title}}
</div> [[m:User:CKoerner (WMF)|CKoerner (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:CKoerner (WMF)|talk]]) 20:35, 13. november 2018 (CET)
<!-- Message sent by User:CKoerner (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18543269 -->
 
== Community Wishlist Survey vote ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks">
 
The Community Wishlist Survey. {{Int:Please-translate}}.
 
Hey everyone,
 
The Community Wishlist Survey is the process when the Wikimedia communities decide what the Wikimedia Foundation [[m:Community Tech|Community Tech]] should work on over the next year.
 
The Community Tech team is focused on tools for experienced Wikimedia editors. The communities have now posted a long list of technical proposals. You can vote on the proposals from now until 30 November. You can read more on the [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Community Wishlist Survey 2019|wishlist survey page]].
 
<span dir=ltr>/[[m:User:Johan (WMF)|User:Johan (WMF)]]</span></div></div> 19:13, 22. november 2018 (CET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18543269 -->
 
== Advanced Search ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
[[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes/AdvancedSearch|Advanced Search]] will become a default feature on your wiki on November 28. This new interface allows you to perform specialized searches on the [[Special:Search|search page]], even if you don’t know any [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:CirrusSearch|search syntax]]. Advanced Search originates from the [[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes|German Community’s Technical Wishes project]]. It's already a default feature on German, Arabic, Farsi and Hungarian Wikipedia. Besides, more than 40.000 users across all wikis have tested the beta version. Feedback is welcome on the [[mw:Help talk:Extension:AdvancedSearch|central feedback page]].</div> [[m:User:Johanna Strodt (WMDE)|Johanna Strodt (WMDE)]] ([[m:User talk:Johanna Strodt (WMDE)|talk]]) 12:03, 26. november 2018 (CET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johanna Strodt (WMDE)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Technical_Wishes_News_list_2&oldid=18363910 -->
 
== Selection of the Wikisource Community User Group representative to the Wikimedia Summit ==
 
Dear all,
 
Sorry for writing in English and cross-posting this message.
 
The [[meta:Wikisource Community User Group|Wikisource Community User Group]] could send one representative to the [[meta:Wikimedia Summit 2019|Wikimedia Summit 2019]] (formerly "Wikimedia Conference").
The Wikimedia Summit is a yearly conference of all organizations affiliated to the Wikimedia Movement (including our Wikisource Community User Group). It is a great place to talk about Wikisource needs to the chapters and other user groups that compose the Wikimedia movement.
For context, there is a [[meta:Wikimedia Conference 2018/Wikisource Community User Group|short report on what happened last year]].
The deadline is short and to avoid the confusing vote on the Wikisource-I mailing list of last year, we created a ''[[meta:Wikisource Community User Group/Wikimedia Summit 2019|page on meta to decide who will be the representative of the user group to the Wikimedia Summit]]''.
 
The vote will be in two parts:
# until December 7th, people can add their name and a short explanation on who they are and why they want to go to the summit. Nomination of other people is allowed, the nominated person should accept their nomination.
# starting December 7th, and for a week, the community vote to designate the representative.
 
Please feel free to ask any question on the [https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikisource-l wikisource-I] mailing list or on the [[meta:Talk:Wikisource Community User Group/Wikimedia Summit 2019|talk page]].
 
For the [[meta:Wikisource Community User Group|Wikisource Community User Group]], [[User:Tpt|Tpt]] ([[User talk:Tpt|talk]]) 15:15, 5 December 2018 (UTC)
<!-- Message sent by User:Tpt@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_message_delivery/Targets/Wikisource_Communities&oldid=18434284 -->
 
== New Wikimedia password policy and requirements ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
 
{{int:please-translate}}
 
The Wikimedia Foundation security team is implementing a new [[m:Password policy|password policy and requirements]]. [[mw:Wikimedia_Security_Team/Password_strengthening_2019|You can learn more about the project on MediaWiki.org]].
 
These new requirements will apply to new accounts and privileged accounts. New accounts will be required to create a password with a minimum length of 8 characters. Privileged accounts will be prompted to update their password to one that is at least 10 characters in length.
 
These changes are planned to be in effect on December 13th. If you think your work or tools will be affected by this change, please let us know on [[mw:Talk:Wikimedia_Security_Team/Password_strengthening_2019|the talk page]].
 
{{Int:Feedback-thanks-title}}
</div> [[m:User:CKoerner (WMF)|CKoerner (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:CKoerner (WMF)|talk]]) 21:03, 6. december 2018 (CET)
<!-- Message sent by User:CKoerner (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18639017 -->
 
== Wikisource Community User Group representative vote ==
 
Dear all,
 
Sorry for writing in English and cross-posting this message.
 
Following the previous message, the vote for the representative of the [[meta:Wikisource Community User Group|Wikisource Community User Group]] to the [[meta:Wikimedia Summit 2019|Wikimedia Summit 2019]] is now open.
 
There is two great candidates on ''[[meta:Wikisource Community User Group/Wikimedia Summit 2019|page on meta to decide who will be the representative of the user group to the Wikimedia Summit]]''. You can support a candidate now. All active Wikisource users can vote. The vote is ending on December 14, 2018.
 
Feel free to ask any question on the [https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikisource-l wikisource-I] mailing list or on the [[meta:Talk:Wikisource Community User Group/Wikimedia Summit 2019|talk page]].
 
{{int:Feedback-thanks-title}}
 
For the [[meta:Wikisource Community User Group|Wikisource Community User Group]], [[User:Tpt|Tpt]] ([[User talk:Tpt|talk]]) December 8, 2018 at 18:53 (UTC)
<!-- Message sent by User:Tpt@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery/Wikisource&oldid=18700925 -->
 
== Invitation from Wiki Loves Love 2019 ==
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">
{{int:please-translate}}
 
[[File:WLL Subtitled Logo (transparent).svg|right|frameless]]
 
Love is an important subject for humanity and it is expressed in different cultures and regions in different ways across the world through different gestures, ceremonies, festivals and to document expression of this rich and beautiful emotion, we need your help so we can share and spread the depth of cultures that each region has, the best of how people of that region, celebrate love.
 
[[:c:Commons:Wiki Loves Love|Wiki Loves Love (WLL)]] is an international photography competition of Wikimedia Commons with the subject love testimonials happening in the month of February.
 
The primary goal of the competition is to document love testimonials through human cultural diversity such as monuments, ceremonies, snapshot of tender gesture, and miscellaneous objects used as symbol of love; to illustrate articles in the worldwide free encyclopedia Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) projects.
 
The theme of 2019 iteration is '''''Celebrations, Festivals, Ceremonies and rituals of love.'''''
 
Sign up your affiliate or individually at [[:c:Commons:Wiki Loves Love 2019/Participants|Participants]] page.
 
To know more about the contest, check out our [[:c:Commons:Wiki Loves Love 2019|Commons Page]] and [[:c:Commons:Wiki Loves Love 2018/FAQ|FAQs]]
 
There are several prizes to grab. Hope to see you spreading love this February with Wiki Loves Love!
 
Kind regards,
 
[[:c:Commons:Wiki Loves Love 2018/International Team|Wiki Loves Love Team]]
 
Imagine... the sum of all love!
</div>
--[[Uporabnik:MediaWiki message delivery|MediaWiki message delivery]] ([[Uporabniški pogovor:MediaWiki message delivery|pogovor]]) 11:13, 27. december 2018 (CET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Tiven2240@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18639017 -->
 
== FileExporter beta feature ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
[[File:Logo for the beta feature FileExporter.svg|thumb|Coming soon: the beta feature [[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Move_files_to_Commons|FileExporter]]]]
A new beta feature will soon be released on all wikis: The [[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Move_files_to_Commons|FileExporter]]. It allows exports of files from a local wiki to Wikimedia Commons, including their file history and page history. Which files can be exported is defined by each wiki's community: '''Please check your wiki's [[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Move_files_to_Commons/Configuration file documentation|configuration file]]''' if you want to use this feature.
 
The FileExporter has already been a beta feature on [https://www.mediawiki.org mediawiki.org], [https://meta.wikimedia.org meta.wikimedia], deWP, faWP, arWP, koWP and on [https://wikisource.org wikisource.org]. After some functionality was added, it's now becoming a beta feature on all wikis. Deployment is planned for January 16. More information can be found [[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Move_files_to_Commons|on the project page]].
 
As always, feedback is highly appreciated. If you want to test the FileExporter, please activate it in your [[Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures|user preferences]]. The best place for feedback is the [[mw:Help_talk:Extension:FileImporter|central talk page]]. Thank you from Wikimedia Deutschland's [[m:WMDE Technical Wishes|Technical Wishes project]].
</div> [[User:Johanna Strodt (WMDE)|Johanna Strodt (WMDE)]] 10:41, 14. januar 2019 (CET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johanna Strodt (WMDE)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Technical_Wishes_News_list_all_village_pumps&oldid=18782700 -->
 
== No editing for 30 minutes on 17 January ==
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">You will '''not be able to edit''' the wikis for up to 30 minutes on '''[https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190117T07 17 January 07:00 UTC]'''. This is because of a database problem that has to be fixed immediately. You can still read the wikis. Some wikis are not affected. They don't get this message. You can see which wikis are '''not''' affected [[:m:User:Johan (WMF)/201901ReadOnlyPage|on this page]]. Most wikis are affected. The time you can not edit might be shorter than 30 minutes. /[[User:Johan (WMF)|Johan (WMF)]]</div>
19:54, 16. januar 2019 (CET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Johan_(WMF)/201901ReadOnly/Targets7&oldid=18789239 -->
 
== Talk to us about talking ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
[[File:OOjs_UI_icon_speechBubbles-rtl.svg|alt="icon depicting two speech Bubbles"|frameless|right|120px]]
The Wikimedia Foundation is planning a [[mw:Talk pages consultation 2019|global consultation about communication]]. The goal is to bring Wikimedians and wiki-minded people together to improve tools for communication.
 
We want all contributors to be able to talk to each other on the wikis, whatever their experience, their skills or their devices.
 
We are looking for input from as many different parts of the Wikimedia community as possible. It will come from multiple projects, in multiple languages, and with multiple perspectives.
 
We are currently planning the consultation. We need your help.
 
'''We need volunteers to help talk to their communities or user groups.'''
 
You can help by hosting a discussion at your wiki. Here's what to do:
# First, [[mw:Talk pages consultation 2019/Participant group sign-up|sign up your group here.]]
# Next, create a page (or a section on a Village pump, or an e-mail thread – whatever is natural for your group) to collect information from other people in your group. This is not a vote or decision-making discussion: we are just collecting feedback.
# Then ask people what they think about communication processes. We want to hear stories and other information about how people communicate with each other on and off wiki. Please consider asking these five questions:
## When you want to discuss a topic with your community, what tools work for you, and what problems block you?
## What about talk pages works for newcomers, and what blocks them?
## What do others struggle with in your community about talk pages?
## What do you wish you could do on talk pages, but can't due to the technical limitations?
## What are the important aspects of a "wiki discussion"?
# Finally, please go to [[mw:Talk:Talk pages consultation 2019|Talk pages consultation 2019 on Mediawiki.org]] and report what you learned from your group. Please include links if the discussion is available to the public.
 
'''You can also help build the list of the many different ways people talk to each other.'''
 
Not all groups active on wikis or around wikis use the same way to discuss things: it can happen on wiki, on social networks, through external tools... Tell us [[mw:Talk pages consultation 2019/Tools in use|how your group communicates]].
 
You can read more about [[mw:Talk pages consultation 2019|the overall process]] on mediawiki.org. If you have questions or ideas, you can [[mw:Talk:Talk pages consultation 2019|leave feedback about the consultation process]] in the language you prefer.
 
Thank you! We're looking forward to talking with you.
</div> [[user:Trizek (WMF)|Trizek (WMF)]] 16:01, 21. februar 2019 (CET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Trizek (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18639017 -->
 
== Read-only mode for up to 30 minutes on 11 April ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks">
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">You will '''not be able to edit''' most Wikimedia wikis for up to 30 minutes on '''[https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190411T05 11 April 05:00 UTC]'''. This is because of a hardware problem. You can still read the wikis. You [[phab:T220080|can see which wikis are affected]]. The time you can not edit might be shorter than 30 minutes. /[[User:Johan (WMF)|Johan (WMF)]]</div></div></div> 12:56, 8. april 2019 (CEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18979889 -->
 
== Wikimedia Foundation Medium-Term Plan feedback request ==
 
{{int:please-translate}}
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">The Wikimedia Foundation has published a [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Wikimedia_Foundation_Medium-term_plan_2019|Medium-Term Plan proposal]] covering the next 3–5 years. We want your feedback! Please leave all comments and questions, in any language, on [[m:Talk:Wikimedia_Foundation_Medium-term_plan_2019|the talk page]], by April 20. {{Int:Feedback-thanks-title}} [[m:User:Quiddity (WMF)|Quiddity (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:Quiddity (WMF)|talk]]) 19:35, 12. april 2019 (CEST)</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Quiddity (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18998727 -->